This guide will walk you through setting up SABnzbd to work with Easynews news servers.
Note: If you want to connect to Easynews web access then you do not need to setup a newsreader client. Instead follow one of these links to get started:
– http://members.easynews.com/global4/search.html (HTTP)
– https://secure.members.easynews.com/global4/search.html (SSL)
Step 1 – Install SABnzbd+
If you haven’t already installed SABnzbd then visit the download site and grab the latest distribution.
Step 2 – Configure SABnzbd+
Figure 1 – SABnzbd > Select a Language
Select a language and click “Start Wizard”
Figure 2 – SABnzbd > Select a Skin
Select a skin and click “Next”
Figure 3- SABnzbd > Password Protection
Password protect SABnzbd if desired and click “Next”
Figure 4 – SABnzbd > News Server Information
The Add Server box includes everything you need to get up and running. Simply enter the information as follows:
– Host: news.easynews.com or secure.news.easynews.com
– Port: use port 563 or 81 for secure or port 119, 22, 23, 53, 80, 110, or 443 for standard connections.
– Username: provided in email
– Password: provided in email
– Connections: Easynews supports up to 20 connections.
– Check SSL for secure access.
– Click Test Server
Figure 5 – SABnzbd > Newzbin / NZBMatrix
If you have a NewzBin or NZBMatrix account you can integrate it into SABnzbd by entering your information. Click “Next” when finished.
Figure 6 – SABnzbd > Quick-Start Completed
After the SABnzbd+ quick-start is complete the newsreader site will open. By default the address is http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/. For Windows users the client will automatically associate nzb files with SABnzbd+ so you can simply double click a file and it will load into the queue for downloading. With built in par2, unrar and unzip support SABnzbd+ will take care of the rest.
It’s that simple to configure SABnzbd+ for Easynews. Enjoy!