- Search 1,100+ days of binaries
- Search across 400+ newsgroups
- Display up to 1,000 posts
- Search by subject or .nfo contents
- Browse newsgroups
- Free Usenet search
Binsearch.info gives you free access to an excellent binary Usenet search engine. Binsearch currently supports 1,100+ days of binary retention in over 400 newsgroups. Not to be confused for a Usenet provider or newsreader software. Both of which you will need to download from Usenet. Binsearch will help you find what your looking for across millions of newsgroup posts without the need for downloading headers. Along with the search function, you can also browse individual newsgroups.
- Search up to days of binary retention
- Search engine displays up to 1,000 results
- Filename of a post
- Contents of an .nfo file
Binsearch filter options:
- Limit search to a newsgroup
- Limit search to a certain time frame
How to use Binsearch:
Search for your subject of interest. Once you find the binaries select the file or files by checking the box to the left of each one. After all files are selected click the “create NZB” button to download the associated .nzb file. Then open the file into your newsreader. Depending on how your Usenet client is setup you may be able to simply double click the .nzb file and have to automatically open up and download the contents.
Note: save the .nzb file to disk and then open it. Trying to open it directly in Internet Explorer could result in in a renamed file extension and cause problems.
Binsearch is free:
- Binsearch is free to everyone
- Binsearch does not accept donations. They recommend donating to Amnesty International or Unicef.