Alt Binz Features:
- Import NZB files into queue
- PAR2 and RAR support
- Auto repair and extraction
- Download from multiple servers
- Schedule downloads / set speed
- Alt.Binz Setup Guides
Alt.Binz home page:
Alt.Binz newsreader details:
- Supports various Usenet search engines: Newzbin, NewsLeech, Binsearch, NZBIndex, Yabse, Super Search
- NZB file support: Allows user to import NZB files into the alt.binz download queue.
- PAR & RAR Support: If needed, alt.binz downloads the par2 files and repairs the files. Also unrars the files for you.
- Download scheduler: Allows you to easily manage when to start your downloads, and with what speed.
- Download speed manager: Enables user to control speed of download
- Full XPAT-server side search support.
- SSL support via standard and alternate ports.
- Multi-server support: Gives you the option of downloading from multiple servers in the same session.
- Detailed log: Gives user a detailed overview of started and finished downloads
- Collapse / Expand batches: Allows you to collapse or expand article sets that you are downloading
- Customized user interface: Gives you the option to ex. add/remove tabs from the tab pane, or show/hide panels from the status bar.
Operating systems support:
- Windows: Yes
- Mac: Yes, with use of Wine or Crossover
- Linux: Yes, with use of Wine
- Alt.Binz version 25 is free but a 15 Euro “donation” will give you access to the contributors section and newer versions of software. The newsreader is well worth the one-time 15,00 € donation.
- Wiki page